As we prepare for ISTE and reflect back on another year we would like to share a few personal reflections.
- Vision -We are at the stage in our careers where we completely understand the value of leadership’s vision when moving an organization forward while keeping the human perspective at the forefront.
- Communication – We are blessed to have partners and friends who share strong leadership visions.
- Collaboration – We have embraced and continue to embrace the opportunity to create spaces where we can think creatively with others who share our passion.
- Celebrations – Too many for us to name, but attending ISTE 2016 is a highlight as we continue to learn with the intelligent and innovative individuals that attend.
As we set priorities for 2017 we will focus on these essential questions:.
- What is most important at this time in our lives?
- How do we continue to grow as professionals while making time for some of the personal visions that have been on hold due to career advancement?
- Is it time to move over and make space for younger, emerging leaders?
We are asking ourselves if maybe it is time to slow down and shift focus. Maybe, maybe not. One thing is certain, ISTE is a great place for us to start thinking and planning next years goals.